Tuesday 19 November 2013

Gym Reject


In preparing for my holiday in the UK and the winter assault, I upped my antioxidant and vitamin C etc..   At the same time thought it wise to increase my fitness level for the Christmas shopping, (and make way for fish n chips, eggnog, family gatherings and the mere joviality of the season) I took myself off to the gym. 
 
 
My idea was to sign up for a month, work those muscles and do some cardio.  The nearest gym (which was not the best idea) happens to be a rather la di da place, what they call a, “boutique gym”.   I forgot that when they opened a few years ago it was branded as stylish and geared to the well paid professional - and pretentious!    So pray tell why I found myself walking up their stairs on a bright and sunny Saturday afternoon, it had to be a senior moment. 

 
Mister, the I look so good trainer, welcomed me with his best greeting and asked me whether I’m part of any corporate group.  Errr no!  He went into a long spiel about signing up and membership as if it was a given.  He probably thought that I was retarded because I kept interrupting him about the $300 sign up fee.  He was clearly annoyed that I didn't find the ambience and prestige of association impressive, we were back and forth about me handing over $300 "to belong" and then $120 a month for membership.  Hell no…... My friends would laugh me out of the park. 

 
 
His next “twist arm tactic” was well if you sign up for $200 and the monthly fee, you can use the gym off peak hours.  All I wanted was to join for a month, but boyfriend said that is reserved for tourist, oh yeah, this is a holiday destination!
 

 
The gym really is very nice and offers a wide range of services; a weight room, a "cardio theatre" with intimidating looking treadmills, bikes, steppers, rowers, weight room. 
 
On offer is Les Mills Classes; Bodypump, bodyjam, bodyvive, bodybalance, bodystep, bodyattack …. - hour long high-intensity workouts burn through fat and help carve lean muscle. (OMG);  and classes like Zumba, spin, pilates etc.


 
I was trying to process all the technology when suddenly the trainer asked me if I ever tried Surfside, another gym.  Before I could respond properly he added that Surfside would be more suitable for me. Wtf, lol and more lol, for half a second I lost my speech.  Anyway I swallowed hard, thanked him for his time only too happy to escape the madness.  That place is stupidly expensive even if I made the grade.

 
Cute


I pulled these pictures from their Facebook page to prove my point, this gym is for the glam squad. 


Since then I’ve signed up for the Yummy Mummy Fitness zumba group. 
Classes are twice weekly at a local primary school
and the fee is …. wait for it $5 a class. 
Yeah baby fitness and fun. 
Awesome!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing all over again....how on earth could you NOT fit their profile???????
    Zumba seems like more fun anyway....enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Find the right fit for you and stay consistent and you will enjoy the process more.

    Thanks
    Bren
    Life Coaching Sydney

    ReplyDelete


  3. Very Helpful Article. ผลบอลไทย It might help you. ผลบอลไทย Thanks For Sharing
    ผลบอลไทย Thank you very much.


    ReplyDelete