Monday 1 July 2013

Cool Runnings


We celebrated my sister's 60th birthday sailing on the catamaran Cool Runnings III.  (My girl proudly wore her 'Sexy @ 60' pin given to her by her adored granddaughter).  
 
Captain Eddie
 
 
  
Such a memorable day, Captain Eddie and crew made everyone feel at home as we sailed along the West Coast.   
 
We snorkeled with the sea turtles, enjoyed the schools of tropical fish by the coral reef and saw a sunken barge close to Folkestone Bay.  I have only good things to say about the cruise, the good humoured crew entertained the very young, in between and the older folks.  Plenty eats and drink, great lunch, the macaroni pie and King fish were the 'chefs favourite'.  Oh! did I mention the very open bar, which catered to all (I had two cups of Earl Grey), before the rum punch that is.  
The crew showed us key features along the coast, introduced visitors to calypso - more so how to 'wuk up', but I particularly like the back to the 70's music, anyway  we arrived back at the Bridgetown Wharf in great party spirit and ready to go again.
 
The birthday celebrations continue ....
 
 
 
 
Cooling off

Lunchtime!
  
 
 
Taking a breather


Sir Anthony Bamford’s (Chairman of JCB) house
 




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely day!!!
    I may soon need some Cool Runnings myself!!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recommend it, thank you.

    ReplyDelete