Sunday 28 July 2013

Back in the Garden with Peanut!



Are we done now?


Do I get paid for this?


Back rub!
 
 I’m happy to report that I’ve ventured back into the garden. My buddies are well pleased as are my neighbours; they can at last look forward to shrubs and plant cuttings for the community park.  The family dog which I now have to claim as mine is especially pleased to have someone to explore with.  Yes, she would prefer her master or my son but guess what Peanut it’s now you and I.  Awwww, she deserves more than a pat on the back! For, in addition to yard patrol she chews any blade of grass found sticking through the potted plants and husks coconuts for garden pot filtration.

Ooooh, I saw such a cutie yesterday, she’s Jack Russell and Chihuahua mix, three months old, spirited and full of fun.  She belongs to a neighbour’s nine year old and his five year old sister, they’ve only had her two weeks and I suspect the novelty will soon wear off.  Anyway I’ve put their mother on notice that I’d love to have her when the children tire of her …….. Watch this space!

This only takes minute.


See! finished.










Peanut’s favourite toys are dried, very hard coconuts in husks, cricket balls, she also loves sticks, and rocks, forget those shop bought toys.  As a puppy none of my pots were safe, thankfully she grew out of that and moved on to the hard stuff.  But, put her on a chain and my placid dog becomes a mean bitch, thrashing any plant, pot, tree or thing within her reach.  Enough said ...... Back to the garden.



A wee bit overgrown!
Help!












My husband had a thing about me collecting too many species of plants, like if we’re not enjoying, or selling the plant, lose it, give it away or something.  The garden is congested with way too many plants and calls for some redesign; also I must give back Peanut some cool spots in the garden and areas to dig. 


Peanut's handiwork.


My girlfriend is always re-arranging her garden; she has a ‘palm alley’ just outside her kitchen door and had a purple, green and white theme.  She dropped the purple as the petrea began to irritate her skin and the other purple plants (forgot the names) just dropped too many blooms.  Actually, she’s one of the reasons for my congestion; every change of mind is passed on to me! Love ya girl!  My expansive collection of Euphorbia has me well covered on the colour palette.  Yes Sir, my work awaits me.

  


 





2 comments:

  1. If I had only known that you were on a fact finding mission with your queries this morning, I would have kept my mouth shut!!
    My green and white garden will take shape again, as soon as I have more time, you just wait and see.
    Loved seeing Peanut in fine form ...I see she still loves those dry coconut husks.
    The long abandoned plants still look nice.
    Where on earth did you get blue irises?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, the irises are no more. I just remembered how Beloved would admire them from the kitchen window.

    ReplyDelete